SaaS Software and Database Architect
LOCATION: Downtown St. Catharines, Ontario
START DATE: Immediately
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One (1)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
About the Job:
Clickback is a SaaS-based marketing technology company that enables marketers, agencies and our partners to generate quality leads for their organizations. We have an exciting opportunity to join our leading-edge team. We are looking for an innovative and driven SaaS Software and Database Architect to join our team.
You will work in our new building which will be the home for innovation in Niagara, located in downtown St. Catharines. Our building also includes other innovative companies. If you believe you can innovate, work and communicate well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial software company, we want to talk to you.
You will be accountable for the architectural review and optimization of our current SaaS offering as well as providing architectural design and planning for future products and offerings. You will be a key part of Clickback’s Product and Development teams. You will help evolve and implement the product roadmap of our SaaS offerings working with product owners and developers. This role is critical to allow Clickback to grow and scale in the coming years and allow Clickback to continue offering world-class customer support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and audit Clickback’s current SaaS offerings from an architectural, database, scalability, security and growth perspective. Provide recommendations to Product Owners.
- Responsible for SQL Database Design and Data Mining
- Work with product owners to interpret business requirements & needs are addressed today & in the future of the software (scalability):
- Translate requirements, storyboards and use cases into functional designs/applications or revisions to existing applications
- Assist production owners on product roadmap planning and specifications
- Daily interaction with various stakeholders (VPs, Managers, Developers) to design and implement feature-rich, high-quality, software solutions
- High-level decision maker in the design and delivery of Clickback’s SaaS solutions, assist with determining everything from design choices to technical standards and testing:
- Provide architectural and technical leadership to Clickback’s Development team
- Creation of industry standard architectural documentation where lacking
- Work with developers who are spec’ing feature updates to find best practices and paths to scope out the feature/enhancement
- Design and maintain efficient, scalable and reliable C# code base
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Testing expertise with white/black box testing, frameworks and automation to take team to next level
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with the Director of Software Engineering to identify developers for each task:
- Coach and mentor the development team by sharing their skills and expertise as well as set a positive example for them
- Encourage their team members to think creatively as well as keep them motivated
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of database experience/DBA (MS SQL)
- 5+ years of experience as a SaaS Software Architect and Senior Developer (C#)
- 5+ years of helping production owners on product roadmap planning and specifications
- Strong REST API experience
- Ability to support development team for product and features releases
- Demonstrated experience with today’s technologies: Machine Learning, AI, fingerprinting & cookies
- Experience working directly with product owners
- Strong communication skills an absolute MUST
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of SCRUM and Agile development frameworks
- Must be organized to prioritize multiple tasks and learn quickly
- Commitment to writing high-quality code and outstanding user experiences
- Detail-oriented and passionate about your contributions
- Associates degree and/or bachelor’s degree
- Platforms: Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS, MS SQL Server 2014
What Would Be An Asset:
- Microsoft product/server certifications
- Experience with email marketing software or SaaS offerings
- Project/team experience would be an asset
What You Will Get:
- Competitive base salary in line with reported Canadian salaries
- Great health and dental benefits
- Wellness Program, including on-site massages
- RRSP program
- Potential for bonuses – we offer a Christmas bonus and ability to earn an annual bonus
- Time to recharge with competitive vacation entitlement
- Paid personal days for illness, bereavement or emergency
- Flexible and reasonable work hours that don’t impact your life outside of work
- Corporate Social Events, including birthday celebrations
- Wear jeans to work, any day of the week
- Opportunity to work for a successful and growing SaaS company
- Working on cool, leading-edge projects with an amazing group of people
- Work close to home here in Niagara, no need to commute to the GTA
How to Apply for this Position?
Please send your resume to careers (at) clickbackleadgen (dot) com, to the attention of Laura McMahon, if you are interested in this opportunity.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clickback is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, provincial or local laws. Clickback’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.