Database and Data Manager (DDM)
LOCATION: Downtown St. Catharines, Ontario
START DATE: Immediately
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One (1)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Clickback has an exciting new position: managing all things ‘data’.
- If you love to administer and manage databases, we have close to 200 databases that we need you to ensure are running optimally.
- If you like to build queries for software developers or to pull reports, our teams can use your help.
- If you value the importance of pulling data or reports for managers to make decisions quickly, we want you on our team.
- Lastly, have you ever moved a company from team reporting to a companywide, real-time dashboard solution? We hope you have, but if not, we will work as a team to get there.
As with all positions at Clickback, we want stakeholders who are passionate. This role requires skills in database administration and management, as well as data analytics and the ability to create reports and quickly complete tasks and projects in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
The Database and Data Manager’s time will be divided amongst various tasks, projects, ongoing projects, etc. and therefore strong time management is VIP. Also, since we are an agile SaaS company, you need to be a strong communicator, asking questions to understand specs on projects and to get work done quickly and correctly, this is paramount. This role reports to VP of Technology and President.
Role and Responsibilities:
Below is an overview of the responsibilities of the Database and Data Manager (DDM) role:
- Database Management
- Look at and review our 200 databases from a high level, including looking at the database design, usage, resources, backup, performance monitoring, etc.
- Recommend additions or improvements
- Implement improvements upon approval in a planned, safe and timely manner
- Design the tables and relationships to meet the needs of the software developers for new projects
- Changes are documented in database structure documents and it is your responsibility to keep database documentation updated on a monthly basis
- Data Analyst
- Query Writing
- Create stored procedures, functions, and adhoc queries as needed or requested by software developers, development manager or the email deliverability team
- Create queries and quickly provide data or reports in CSV files to team managers for them to analyze and make decisions
- Report Generation
- Generate adhoc reports for management quickly and accurately
- Work with teams to improve reporting
- Move all reporting online so all members of management team have access to the data
- Transition team and department reports into a TBD dashboard solution for the whole company
- Email Deliverability Data Analyst
- Help as needed with an analytical review of bounce logs for incremental improvement to our sending platform
- Help as needed with an analytical review of replies to learn from and incrementally improve
- Help as needed with an analytical review of customers that were not successful getting to the inbox, to help customers with inbox delivery
- Other data analysis areas;
- Confirming account settings are correct
- Confirming IP configurations are to standards
- Documentation Analyst
- We have documented the database structure, various engines and the sending process, we now need to continue to keep this data updated with processes and procedures
- Controls to make sure our ‘documentation data’ stays up to date
What you will need to be successful:
- Minimum 5+ years in a fast-paced environment as a Database and Data Manager
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Databases including design, administration, management, etc.
- Strong experience with Data Analysis and Reporting from SQL databases
- .Net Developer experience preferred for query writing
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office as some reporting queries are currently pulling data into Excel for reporting or UI.
- Strong communication skills with all stakeholder levels and types of teams
- Able to learn new information quickly
- Can work quickly with a sense of urgency and speed when working on all tasks
- Strategic thinker with a “Customer First” focus
- Embrace and achieve tight deadlines and understand management’s expectation of time allocation to each task or project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company that expects all stakeholders to focus on the needs of the customer to achieve growth and work in an agile environment
- Ability to work with limited resources and get the job done – Clickback is not a Fortune 500 company or government body with unlimited funds and time to complete projects
- Apply the “KISS” (Keep It Simple Silly) to all work and coding style. Achieve the specifications, while allowing for opportunities to grow or expand where necessary in the code that you are working on, but to get the task done as quickly and needs efficiently as possible.
- Experience working with and supporting customers in a fast-growing SaaS company, email marketing industry preferred
What you will get:
- Opportunity to work for a successful and growing SaaS company
- Working with cool, leading edge software products
- Competitive salary
- Christmas bonus
- Great health and dental benefit programs
- Retirement savings program
- Ownership opportunities for all staff
- Work close to home here in Niagara, no need for long commuting
- A great corporate culture that is a ‘nonpolitical’ transparent culture, with a “work hard, play hard” attitude
- Flexible and reasonable work hours that don’t impact your life outside of work
How to Apply for this Position?
Please send your resume to careers(at)clickback(dot)com if you are interested in this opportunity. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clickback is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, provincial or local laws. Clickback’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.