LOCATION: Downtown St. Catharines, Ontario
START DATE: Immediately
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: One (1)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
About the Job:
We have an exciting opening for a CPA that is enthusiastic, motivated and likes challenges. The controller will provide full stack accounting, financial and strategic management for an established software company as well as a multi-story and multi-tenant building focused on providing innovation and tech acceleration services and spaces for firms to scale.
The CPA we are looking for, we estimate, will have at least 5-10 years of experience in a corporate controller role and have experience with multi-currency and interconnected businesses. This role will allow you to expand your skills and experience, being an integral part of the first private tech accelerator in Niagara!
As our Controller, you’ll be a key member of the management teams for both the software company and the tech accelerator. You will be asked to participate in some higher-level VP Finance activities and will be expected to contribute to the overall business and financial strategies of multiple organizations by helping execute our growth and business plans.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is interested in giving back to the community by providing mentorship and monthly seminars for the tech firms and entrepreneurs in the building.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented
- Perform multi-currency cash management functions and monitor daily cash
- Perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and bank reconciliations
- Additionally, you will be involved in the corporate strategy, projections and analysis, working with the CEO and executive team.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Manage outsourced functions, coordinate with business and tax accountants
- Review and approve all invoices to be paid and accounts receivable aging reports
- Collection of invoices and bad debts management
Financial Planning and Reporting:
- Responsible for all banking and finance activities
- Review and negotiate lines of credit, investments, vendor agreements, IRAP, SRED, etc.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive financial information to the executive team for long-term financial strategizing and planning for both organizations
- Financial reporting duties include preparing financial statements and annual reports
- Must be skilled at in-depth financial analysis
- Calculate financial and operating metrics
- Provide expert financial perspective and opinions and help in assessing risk, analyzing efficiency, etc.
- Calculate variances from the budget and/or business plan and report significant issues to CEO and/or executive team
- Work with the team to help manage the tech accelerator
- Work with the team and assist with:
- Managing all building contracts
- Managing tenant desk and suite leases
- Assist with leasing unused areas of the tech accelerator/building
- Process internal system changes relative to transfers, terminations and other status changes
- Work with employees to answer benefits questions and manage the benefits program
What You Will Need:
- CPA with 5+ years of experience as an Accountant or Controller
- Experience managing multiple companies
- Must be very comfortable with technology or tech savvy
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Must be organized to prioritize multiple tasks, learn quickly and communicate well with others
- Strong communication skills an absolute MUST
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented and passionate about your contributions
What Would Be An Asset:
- Property management experience
- Previous work experience in an entrepreneurial or fast-paced company
- Previous work with a tech or software type companies
- Previous experience with multiple businesses and inter-company accounting
What You Will Get:
- Competitive wage and bonus potential
- Great health and dental benefits, RRSP program, monthly massage program
- Time to recharge with competitive vacation entitlement
- Paid personal days for illness, bereavement or emergency
- Flexible and reasonable work hours that don’t impact your life outside of work
- Corporate Social Events, including birthday celebrations
- Wear jeans to work, any day of the week
- Opportunity to work for a successful and growing SaaS company
- Working on cool projects with an amazing group of people
- Work close to home here in Niagara, no need to commute to the GTA
How to Apply for this Position?
Please send your resume to careers (at) clickback (dot) com, to the attention of Laura McMahon, if you are interested in this opportunity. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clickback is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, provincial or local laws. Clickback’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.