The hardest part of any writing is the start. This is true whether you’re sitting down to write a novel or a marketing email. Blank pages are intimidating.
It’s especially tricky when you’re writing cold emails. And especially if it’s a mass email, not a one-on-one send.
Here are a number of professionally-designed templates, with details on why they work.
3 Killer B2B Cold Email Templates (and Why They Work)
Here are a few overall pointers to help your cold emails stand out.
- The subject line is the most critical part of your email. It needs to make the recipient want to open it. Give the recipient a reason to open the email by teasing the value they’ll find inside.
- Personalization is powerful. Including things like first names and company names gives recipients a sense of familiarity, that the email was written specifically for them. Emails with personalization are proven to be far more effective.
- Value is crucial. Your recipients need to feel that your email was worth their time. Identify a problem they have, and offer a solution.
For an in-depth guide on writing exceptional cold emails, read our article on cold email copywriting.
The templates presented here are just a few of those available in Clickback MAIL. They’re a great starting place for your cold email campaigns.
1 – The Newsletter
Newsletters are a fantastic way to keep contacts engaged with your brand, and the newsletter format works for cold email as well.
Why It Works: Recipients are looking for value. If you maintain a blog, your articles are likely exactly what your audience is looking for. This newsletter template offers a condensed overview of those valuable articles.
If your audience is right and your content is relevant to them, a newsletter-style cold email can be extremely effective at generating engagement.
2 – The Promotion
This template is great to generate interest in offers, events or updates. Whether it’s upcoming events or sales, or a series of product improvements, this template is ideal when you have a group of content pieces that are of interest to your recipients.
Why It Works: Similar to the newsletter template, this brief and punchy format can be used to offer a series of valuable pieces of content. A strong title and short explanation are effective at grabbing interest, and the brevity of the content means you’re not taxing the reader’s attention span too much.
The three sub-features labelled “Upcoming” allow you to present your recipient with a range of options without overwhelming them with a wall of text. Try placing slick graphics or Call-to-Action buttons in these spots, too.
An eye-catching hero image and other graphics make this template engaging without being overly wordy – which is beneficial, since your recipient likely isn’t inclined to spend too much time reading a lengthy cold email.
3 – The Letter
In contrast to the previous template, this simple-but-effective format is perfect for when your message needs more body.
Why It Works: This format has a number of benefits going for it. Its simplicity and high text-to-image ratio mean that it’s more spam-filter friendly. With strong copy, a plain letter-format email can be incredibly effective.
This template relies on strong copywriting. The best cold email copy doesn’t feel cold, and comes across more like a letter to a colleague. Here are some quick tips:
- Make it about them, not you. There’s no quicker way to disengage a prospective lead than to spend the whole email talking about your company and your products. Bluntly put, they don’t care. They’re looking for something valuable to them. Talk about their company and their problems … and how your products solve those problems.
- Get to the point quickly. Short and sweet is the name of the game when your contacts are cold. You’re already asking them to take time out of their day to read your email. Don’t waste their time taking forever to get to the point.
- Back up your claims. If your products have been successful for big-name companies in the recipient’s industry, mention it! “Our top-tier collaboration software is used by companies like IBM and Microsoft” makes for a much more compelling argument.
If you’re having trouble jumping into writing cold emails, Clickback MAIL’s templates are a strong place to start. In addition to awesome templates, Clickback MAIL provides a range of other benefits:
- Built-in list cleaning: Clickback MAIL’s built-in list cleaning keeps your lists clean of bad addresses and spam traps.
- Real-time content checking: There are a wide range of words, phrases and formatting that spam filters treat as red flags. Clickback MAIL’s editor checks for these while you author your emails and notifies you if your email contains anything that could negatively impact your deliverability.
- Robust reporting: Everything you need to keep track of your emails, monitor key metrics, and iterate on successful campaigns.
See it in action for yourself – book a 1-on-1 demo with one of our experts today!